Southgate Medical is a member of the Travel Doctor TMVC group of travel clinics, considered to be the leading travel clinic provider in Australia.
As a member of the Travel Doctor – TMVC group, we are the preferred travel medicine provider for the Australian Government Department of Foreign affairs and Trade (DFAT), many humanitarian/development/aid agencies and some of Australia’s largest corporations.
Our doctors have expert knowledge of health risks for travellers and are always up to date with the latest travel health information.
As part of your travel consultation you will be provided with:
- An individualised risk assessment of your trip, taking into account your itinerary, your health background and the activities you have planned to undertake on your trip.
- Recommended vaccinations. – all travel vaccines are available at our clinic including Yellow Fever, Rabies & Japanese Encephalitis. We are a Government accredited Yellow Fever vaccination centre.
- Anti-malarial medications.
- Travel advice regarding prevention of mosquito borne infections such as Dengue Fever and Japanese Encephalitis and administer general malaria injections
- International travel health guide booklet – an informative booklet providing advice on the prevention and management of most travel related health issues which you
- International vaccination book – the ‘yellow’ book for keeping a record of all your vaccinations
- Medical kit – these are available to purchase, providing essential medications and first aid items to help you self-treat some of the most common travel ailments, including Traveller’s Diarrhoea.